The most recent update for the City of West Hollywood’s WeHo Pride 2022 programing seals a date and time for the city’s inaugural WeHo Pride parade and other events to celebrate Pride in June:
- WeHo Pride Weekend will take place on Friday, June 3, 2022, Saturday, June 4, 2022, and Sunday, June 5, 2022 in and around West Hollywood Park, located at 647 N. San Vicente Boulevard.
- The City of West Hollywood’s Pride Parade will step-off at noon on Sunday, June 5, 2022 and will make its way along Santa Monica Boulevard; locations specifics will be announced in the coming weeks.
- WeHo Pride Weekend will also feature OUTLOUD: Raising Voices, the award-winning three-day LGBTQ concert series produced by JJLA. Headliners, artist lineup, and ticket information will be announced in the coming weeks.
- WeHo Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival (formerly known as the One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival) will take place during 40 days from Harvey Milk Day on Sunday, May 22, 2022 to Thursday, June 30, 2022live at various locations throughout the City of West Hollywood, along with selected online programming.
More information and additional details about WeHo Pride Weekend will be made available in the coming weeks at www.weho.org/pride.
WeHo Pride celebrations during WeHo Pride Weekend and during June 2022 will include a diverse array of LGBTQ+ community groups as part of visibility, expression, and celebration. The City of West Hollywood invites community groups to take part in WeHo Pride 2022. The City has launched a submission form for applications from community groups that wish to participate in WeHo Pride: w.eho.city/applywehopride
Community groups may apply to participate in one of two ways:
- Activate a designated space in the event area for WeHo Pride Weekend (in the area of West Hollywood Park and N. San Vicente Blvd. during the weekend of June 3-5, 2022); or
- Request City funding for a unique event, produced entirely by your group.
Community group applications will be reviewed by the City of West Hollywood and a limited number of approved groups will be chosen as WeHo Pride participants. The deadline to apply to receive funding for a community event is 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 31, 2022.
Each year, the City of West Hollywood celebrates the artistic contributions of the LGBTQ community with its vibrant LGBTQ Arts Festival, which is now known, starting in 2022, as the WeHo Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival. Formerly called the One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival, the festival has a new name. The theme for 2022 is With Liberty, Diversity, Inclusion, and Progress For All. The WeHo Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival runs for 40 days, from Harvey Milk Day through the end of Pride month and is organized by the City of West Hollywood’s Arts Division with input from the City’s Lesbian & Gay Advisory Board, Transgender Advisory Board, Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission, and community partners. WeHo Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival projects are funded by the City’s Arts Grant Program.
Additional details about WeHo Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival, including a full calendar of events and downloadable brochure with times and locations, will be made available in the coming weeks at www.weho.org/pride. Some programs from 2021 are still available to be viewed online at https://bit.ly/OCOPYouTube.
For more information about West Hollywood’s WeHo Pride 2022 programing, contact Megan Reath, Event Services Supervisor, City of West Hollywood at (323) 848-6495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the WeHo Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival, please contact Mike Che, Arts Coordinator, City of West Hollywood at (323) 848-6377 or email@example.com.