West Hollywood 24-Hour Fitness SuperSport Gym is opening soon. Los Angeles County is moving forward on the Roadmap to Recovery and reopening key economic and community sectors, including day camps, spectator-free professional sports, museums, campgrounds and entertainment production and fitness centers.
While a lot of gyms and fitness facilities have been green lit to begin the process of re-opening tomorrow, June 12, members of the West Hollywood 24-Hour Fitness SuperSport Gym located at 8612 Santa Monica Blvd., will have to wait a tad bit longer. The gym will not open its doors until later this month, on June 29. The same goes for the nearby Arclight Hollywood SuperSport location at 6380 West Sunset Boulevard.
Gyms are re-opening while the threat of COVID-19 is still very present. Gym members must continue to practice physical distancing, wear cloth face coverings and follow public health directives.
24-Hour Fitness gyms have adopted new health and safety measures and reimagined the club experience . From a new workout reservation system and touch-free club check-in, to stringent cleaning and social distancing protocols, COVID-19 has changed the way we show up for our health and fitness.
The following are some steps 24 Hour Fitness is taking to help ensure a club environment with the health and safety of employees and members in mind:
- Touch-free check-in can now be accomplished in the club using just your phone and the free 24GO® personalized fitness app
- Social distancing will be promoted throughout our clubs with signage, spacing indicators and more. This may include temporary closures of some amenities and decommissioning select cardio and strength equipment throughout the club to ensure proper spacing
- Signage at the club exterior and throughout the club’s interior will help remind members and our team members of important safety protocols
- Personal training and studio classes may meet in carefully chosen club areas where members can safely maintain social distancing
- Our clubs will initially be open for 60-minute sessions throughout the day, followed by a 30-minute closure for club cleaning between sessions, in addition to our already stringent cleaning procedures
- And, while some of our clubs remain temporarily closed, as well as after our clubs are able to reopen, we encourage everyone to utilize our 24GO app for a selection of over 1,500 workouts that can be conducted anywhere with or without equipment and based on the time you have available. We also encourage everyone to visit 24GO LIVE, our new 24/7 workout experience broadcast on the 24 Hour Fitness YouTube Channel, among other virtual fitness solutions
Below are frequently asked questions about the gym’s re-opening:
What hours will the clubs be open?
Upon initial club reopening, clubs will be open from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
In order to accommodate social distancing and club capacity restrictions (which vary by state, county and public health agency guidelines), club reservations will provide for 60-minute workouts. After each 60-minute reservation, the club will close for a 30-minute club cleaning. In addition to the 30-minute club closure cleaning, the club will continue to be cleaned by team members throughout the day, followed by an intensive club cleaning each evening after closing.
How many people will be allowed in the club at once?
In order to uphold social distancing guidelines, which vary by location and local government as well as public health agency jurisdiction, we may need to limit the total number of team members and members inside the club at any given time. Members should plan on reserving a time slot in advance using our new workout reservation system in the 24GO® app.
What is my reservation for and why is it necessary?
In order to accommodate social distancing and club capacity restrictions (which vary by state, county and public health agency guidelines), club reservations will enable us to hold 60-minute time slots for individual member workouts. Before and after each 60-minute reservation, the club will close for a 30-minute cleaning, in addition to cleaning by team members throughout the day and overnight.
How do I book a club workout reservation?
To book an advance reservation, download the free 24GO app from the App Store or Google Play here. Then, follow these instructions:
- Open the 24GO app and create an account using your check-in code (usually phone number) or member number and the date of birth listed on your 24 Hour Fitness membership
- Tap the “Reserve a Workout Time” button on the 24GO screen. NOTE: Workouts can only be made one calendar day in advance.
- Follow the prompts to select a club and book a reservation time
If you need additional assistance with workout reservations, click here
When you arrive at the club for your reservation, you can check-in on your mobile device using the 24GO Touch-Free Club Check-In feature. If you’re unable to use the 24GO app, you can contact the club and ask a team member to make a reservation on your behalf.
How do I download 24GO on my mobile device?
Visit the App Store or Google Play, and enter ‘24GO’ when searching for the app on the App Store. It’s free. Or click here.
What is Touch-Free Club Check-In?
Touch-Free Club Check-In allows members to check into their 24 Hour Fitness club using the free 24GO app. To check-in touch-free:
- Download our 24GO® app from the App Store or Google Play here.
- Set up Touch-Free Club Check-in on the home screen by uploading your photo and enabling location services if prompted.
- When you arrive at the club, open your 24GO app, tap Check-in and confirm your location.
- Show the confirmation to a team member to check in.
- If you don’t have a smartphone or forget to bring your smartphone with you, you can still check-in via the fingerprint reader and keypad or by asking a team member to manually check you in.
What is your protocol if a member or team member is diagnosed with COVID-19?
A dedicated and trained team is in place for this specific circumstance, which includes partnering with the local public health agency for evaluation and recommendations to determine details of any potential exposure. If an exposure is confirmed, the process will include a notification to potentially impacted club members and team members, potential club closure for deep cleaning and more.
Will all club amenities be available for team and club members’ access?
Some amenities will remain closed until further notice. These include:
- Kids’ Club
- Locker room showers
- Club wet areas including lap pool, steam room, whirlpool, sauna
- All club drinking fountains
- GX24 and cycle studios, basketball and racquetball courts (where applicable) may be restricted initially when clubs reopen to be repurposed for other needs and to allow for
Still closed in the Greater Los Angeles area are nail salons, tattoo shops, bars and wineries, movie theaters, live performance theaters, entertainment centers, concert halls and venues, stadiums, arenas, gaming facilities, theme parks and festivals. Click here for a detailed list of what is open and closed in L.A. County.