The city of West Hollywood is getting another Wells Fargo branch opening this month. To celebrate the grand opening of its Movietown Plaza branch—located at 7326 Santa Monica Blvd.–the bank is hosting a happy hour reception on Tuesday, March 6, from 6:15pm–8:15pm.
To commemorate the day, the bank will award two local nonprofits with a $2,500 gift.
The community celebration will feature a special appearance by Los Angeles Kings players Nate Thompson and Dion Phaneuf who will meet and greet with fans and give away autographed hockey pucks (from 6:30pm–7:30pm). There will be complimentary refreshments and food provided by Ta-eem Grill, music by DJ Crash, a ribbon-cutting ceremony with remarks by elected officials and community leaders, and a special performance by the Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles.
“To commemorate the day and celebrate the amazing work our nonprofit partners are doing in the community, we will be awarding two $2,5000 grants to West Hollywood Community Housing Corporation and the Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles,” Hovik Keshishyan, the Wells Fargo branch manager for Movietown Plaza, stated in a press release.
The new branch is designed and built to the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards. Compared to conventional commercial buildings, the Movietown Plaza location includes the following features:
• Approximately 50 percent in energy saving lighting with the use of LED lights
• Approximately 40 percent savings in water use through the use of low flow fixtures
• Low toxicity paints and materials as well as strict indoor air quality management.
• Building materials composed of recycled content and cradle to cradle materials.
• Construction waste practices which contribute up to 75 percent of materials being diverted from landfill.
To learn more about Wells Fargo Bank visit wellsfargo.com