WEHO TIMES has been nominated for a West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce (WHCC) Creative Business Award. The West Hollywood Chamber released their annual list of nominees this week to acknowledge businesses that have shown innovation and creativity in their business model. WEHO TIMES has been selected in the category of Creative Communications. The nominees are selected by business peers and the winners are voted by the WHCC Membership and announced at the event.
The 36th Annual West Hollywood Creative Business Awards 2019 will take place on Thursday, November 21,2019 at the 1 Hotel West Hollywood, at 8490 Sunset Boulevard. The festivities will begin at 6pm with a reception and silent auction sponsored by Beverly Center, and ends with an after-party sponsored by Capitol Drugs.
“I am absolutely beyond thrilled that WEHO TIMES has been recognized for its creativity by the business community,” said WEHO TIMES editor and publisher, Paulo Murillo. “I am deeply honored to be included in a list with such hard-working individuals. I want to congratulate all the Creative Business Awards nominees this year and wish everyone the best of luck. It is truly an honor to be nominated.”
The Creative Business Awards is the most important fundraiser for WHCC, a 501c6 non-profit organization. Funds raised from this event help to contribute to programming and promotions for the business community. The twenty-one (21) nominees in seven (7) categories were chosen for their innovative approach to business and/or creative merits in product and service by the WHCC Membership, its Board of Directors and the Special Events Committee. The criterion for selection was that the business be a WHCC Member and have made significant contributions to the West Hollywood business community. Members vote for their favorite nominees via an online ballot and the winners are announced at the event.
This year’s Chamber of Commerce Legacy Award will be presented to Jamie Adler. Adler has worked in and been involved with the City of West Hollywood for three decades. She has been a part of Phyllis Morris Originals, a company founded in West Hollywood, California by her mother Phyllis Morris in 1958. Adler was a founding board member of the West Hollywood Design District and for more than a decade has served on the board of Visit West Hollywood, a destination marketing organization for the City.
- The 2019 Creative Business Award nominees by category are as fillows:
Creative Concept (a business that is an innovator of a cool new concept, product or service), Pura Vita | Fox in a Box | Dogpound
- Corporate Innovation (a business that has shown creative innovation in their corporate business model), Lord Jones | Fred Segal Sunset | Healthy Spot.
- John Chase Art & Design (a business that falls into the categories of art, film, performance art, fashion, design, architecture or any other creative arts realm) – 1 Hotel West Hollywood | Formosa Cafe | Conservatory West Hollywood.
- Creative Communications (awarded to a business within public relations, marketing, outdoor media, branding, televisual arts, copyrighting, technology, social media, graphic design, writing etc.) – Weho Times | Canyon Country LA | Dog and a Duck.
- WeHo Attraction Award (awarded to a business that attracts people to the West Hollywood area, or caters to the visitor and tourism market) – Block Party | h.wood for Delilah + Bootsy Bellows | Shake Shack
- Creative Community Service (awarded to a business or individual who has shown exemplary service to the community philanthropically, or as a volunteer, an ambassador, a non-profit or a representative of government) Pavilions | Project Angel Food | the Collective Realty
- Innovative Sustainability Award (awarded to a business that seeks to innovate green, sustainable products/services and is environmentally friendly, while striving to forward global social progress) OfficeUntitled for The Harland | Bird | The RealReal
For more event information, sponsorship and tickets, visit www.wehochamber.com or contact Lauren Goldstein, at 323.650.2688 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE ABOUT WHCC Founded in 1921, the West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)6, non-profit organization which supports and promotes a community environment where commerce can flourish. The Chamber fosters prosperity and champions local business by providing resources and leadership to advance activity through economic development. We advocate and represent business interests to government, while enhancing the quality of community life and promoting the uniqueness of West Hollywood.