WeHo Resident Seeks Safe Return of Semi-Feral Cat Stolen from Front Porch

Cat Stolen from Front Porch - Miss Kitty

West Hollywood resident Kim Byers had Miss Kitty, a semi-feral cat stolen from her front porch this past Sunday, May 22, 2022, at 4:35 p.m., on North Vista Street, near Plummer Park.

“MISS KITTY STOLEN FROM FRONT PORCH,” reads a post on her social media platforms. “I have a semi-feral cat that I have cared for (with my neighbor) for several years that lives on my front porch with her heated bed and 3 meals a day (and the occasional overnight on the sofa when it’s really cold). Having worked to gain her trust over the years, she has become relaxed with being approached and handled a bit.”

Byers, who has been a West Hollywood resident for the past six years, says Miss Kitty was not at her usual spot this past Sunday. After a day without a sign of Miss Kitty, she played back her Ring camera footage and found a 30-second snippet showing a stranger in her front porch putting the sleeping cat into a pet carrier.

“The person came with a pet carrier, so it looks like it was premeditated” Byers told WEHO TIMES. “We have no idea who it is. It kind of strikes me as someone who was on foot, but it’s hard to tell. From what I could tell Miss Kitty was asleep in her heated bed and this person grabbed her before she had a chance to wake up.”

Byers says Miss Kitty is really fragile and quite old. The neighborhood on Vista Street knows the cat well. She was a catch, fix, and release about 14 years ago. “I was the first person to gain her trust,” she said. “They got her in the bag before she could not get her wits about her. We were working on getting her to be ok to take to a vet. She isn’t likely to survive otherwise. She needs medical attention.”

Though Byers has not made an official police report, the West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station has been notified via email by one of the neighbors. A lieutenant said he has the information and that he would get the word out. Missing cat posters are currently in the works.

“If you are the person who took her, please just place her back in her bed which is waiting for her,” she posted on her Facebook page. “NO QUESTIONS.”

Miss Kitty was taken during the City of West Hollywood inaugural Pet Week, which includes a Feline Day. Anyone with any information on the cat stolen on N Vista Street in West Hollywood can text or leave a message with info at: (424) 625-8086.

5 3 votes
Previous articleCity of West Hollywood is Hosting Inaugural Pet Week
Next articleFlags Fly at Half-Staff Honoring Victims of Tragedy in Uvalde, Texas
Paulo Murillo is Editor in Chief and Publisher of WEHO TIMES. He brings over 20 years of experience as a columnist, reporter, and photo journalist. Murillo began his professional writing career as the author of “Love Ya, Mean It,” an irreverent and sometimes controversial West Hollywood lifestyle column for FAB! newspaper. His work has appeared in numerous print and online publications, which include the “Hot Topic” column in Frontiers magazine, where he covered breaking news and local events in West Hollywood. He can be reached at editor@wehotimes.com
20 Comments
Kimberly Anne Byers

POLICE BULLETIN!

1946AFB9-490B-4D1F-BDED-91761F3FFBBF.jpeg
Angry Gay Pope
1 month ago

Feral cats deserve to be eaten by coyotes. They spread disease like toxoplasmosis that killed AIDS patients. They eat songbirds and kill kill kill native animals. It’s what cats do. They constantly breed. Get a cat, spay it, keep it. And don’t give me any boo hoos self absorbed cat fanciers. You will get nowhere with me. Ever try to date a gay guy with pets? Forget it you won’t get past their four legged “boyfriend.” A heated bed for stray cats? Maybe if this feral cat enabler cared more about humans they would be a happier person.

Last edited 1 month ago by Angry Gay Pope
WeHo FillinBlank
WeHo FillinBlank
Reply to  Angry Gay Pope

I would not take any tips on happiness from a wretch who prides himself on being so angry. Your post is case in point.

Tiffany Robinson
Tiffany Robinson
Reply to  Angry Gay Pope

What the f*ck is wrong with you? You sound like YOU took the cat. You need help.

Angry Gay Pope
1 month ago

Are you one of those people who treats dogs like people and people like dogs?

Tiffany Robinson
Tiffany Robinson
Reply to  Angry Gay Pope

You have serious issues. I pray no animal ever crosses your path. Fking future serial killer.

Angry Gay Pope

I’m a Disney animator w/3 emmys I have infinite status “Tiffany” 🙂

Tiffany Robinson
Tiffany Robinson
Reply to  Angry Gay Pope

BTW – no guy has dumped you because he loved his dog more. Guys dump you because you’re a sick, miserable scumbag. Stop blaming innocent animals for your pathetic love life.

Jill
Jill
Reply to  Angry Gay Pope

You are a very disturbed..human?

Kate
Kate
Reply to  Angry Gay Pope

Don’t make comments on articles you don’t read. This cat was spayed many years ago, per the article, is also a senior cat needing medical care, gets fed three times a day—the latter two facts contributing to a better guess that this cat is not hunting songbirds. You are a gadfly, “Angry Gay Pope,” and nothing more.

Cathy Blaivas
Cathy Blaivas
1 month ago

It is unbelievable…the blatant act of not only stealing someone’s beloved pet but also in broad daylight directly in front of a Ring security camera! Praying for Miss Kitty’s safe return.

Kimberly Copeland
Kimberly Copeland
1 month ago

This is absolutely horrible! I have met Miss Kitty, and she is very much loved and cared for. It’s especially disturbing that this person came with a pet carrier, prepared to steal a defenseless animal. I do hope someone recognizes this man and Miss Kitty is found. Such sad news!

Laura
Laura
1 month ago

Have you posted it on Nextdoor Ms. Byers?

Kimberly A Byers
Reply to  Laura

Yes, I have. I have also reported in Neighbors/Ring and now have a file a report with the WeHo Sheriff’s Dept.

Laura
Laura

OMG this is horrible!!!

Kimberly A Byers
1 month ago

Thank you for so much for caring! The reasons someone would steal a cat are horrendous and I am so worried about Miss Kitty. I will be reporting it to the police, so will have a case number shortly. We also just can’t have this sort of thing happening! If she’s not returned, this person needs to be caught and prevented from doing it to others! If someone will hurt an animal, they will also do many more horrific acts. 🙁

Kimberly A Byers

Police Bulletin

LASD_WHD_487(f)PC_22-03044_PUBLIC.JPG
Daisy adams
Daisy adams
1 month ago

This is so upsetting, I hope this will get the word out so Miss kitty will be back home soon .

S. J. Harker
S. J. Harker
1 month ago

Thanks to WeHo Times for posting this story about Miss Kitty. She is so loved by Mim and the rest of our. Isra Street neighbors.

Irginia Gikkick
Irginia Gikkick
1 month ago

Thank you so much for this article, Paulo, I know Ms. Kitty well snd I help feed her and I spend time with her often. I am so concerned. This will be a big boost to getting her story out. Many thanks. Virginia Gillick