The West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced on Friday its official launch of the West Hollywood Small Business Foundation (WHSBF) 501(c)(3). In celebration of Queer Women’s Week of Visibility, the WeHo Chamber will launch the new foundation at the Queer Women In Business Panel Discussion and Mixer, hosted by LGBTQ+ Real Estate Alliance, at The Den on Sunset, Monday, April 24th from 6-8PM.
The Foundation’s mission is to develop equitable and inclusive opportunities for underrepresented communities and the economic growth, urban infrastructure enhancements for small and minority owned businesses.
This Foundation will be instrumental in developing much needed diversity, inclusion, and equity in our business landscape for those entrepreneurs and leaders who have always wanted to fulfill their dreams to open a business or excel in upper management.
WHSBF programing will cover leadership development, DEI workshops, solopreneur programs (including entertainers), and additional programming being developed to support the mission of the Foundation. One of the Foundation’s first tasks looking at solopreneur opportunities for independent entertainers, creating a pathway for artists, drag performers, go-go dancers, poets, comedians, actors, dancers, musicians, etc. to operate as recognized businesses. The Chamber believes this lack of agency in business acumen can make it difficult to
effectively market and promote themselves, professionally represent the product and services they provide, and expect fair compensation negotiations.
For more information about the West Hollywood Small Business Foundation or to learn about how to get involved, please visit their website:
The Chamber is a 501c6 nonprofit, action-oriented organization of businesses and professional leaders working together to promote the commercial and economic growth of West Hollywood and to foster civic improvements that benefit the general welfare of those who live, work and visit here.
West Hollywood Small Business Foundation is Looking for Qualified People to Join Its Board of Directors.
They are actively seeking folks skilled in any of the following:
- Grant Writing
- Business Development
- Leadership & Cohort Development
- Workshop & Program Building
- Workshop & Program Presenting
- B2B Engagement
And desire Board Members with these qualities:
- Proven track record of intentional work in DEI efforts.
- Engagement in small business community.
- Engagement in the City of West Hollywood.
- Demonstrated skills in elevating/creating access for marginalized communities, especially in business.
- Demonstrated history of relationship to their community.
- Proven track record of follow through.
- Financial commitment to the organization annually of $1,000 – ‘give or get’ in one or a combination of three options:
- In kind donation that offsets an actual budgetary line item;
- Direct donation; or
- By writing, submitting, and receiving a grant that exceeds that amount.
If you are interested in serving on the Foundation Board, complete our application form for consideration: WHSBF Board Application.