The City of West Hollywood continues its six-week WeHo Pride Arts Festival through the end of June. The City’s Arts Festival began on Harvey Milk Day (May 22) and will run through the end Pride Month (June 30). This Saturday alone is jam-packed with events at both Plummer Park and WeHo Park
Highlights of upcoming events include:
- Beautiful Things Craft Market – Saturday, June 17, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Plummer Park Community Center, South Patio and Rooms 5 and 6, located at 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard. Beautiful Things is a craft market by local LGBTQ+ artisans and craft-makers. This indoor/outdoor market is free to attend and open to the public. Shop the curated selection of ceramics, fiber and textile crafts, handmade jewelry, and more.
- · Q Con presented by Prism Comics – Saturday, June 17, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Fiesta Hall at Plummer Park, located at 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard. Q Con is an LGBTQ+ comic convention celebrating the diversity of LGBTQ+ comics, games, and popular media today. Attendees will be able to meet creators from indie comics to major publishers, get autographs and sketches, attend panels, and mix with other comics fans. Attendees are encouraged to cosplay their favorite characters with a fun and festive Costume Contest being held at 3:30 p.m. Q Con is free to the public and family friendly, providing pre-teens through adults with the opportunity to find a wide variety of comics and graphic novels affirming LGBTQ+ representation at one exciting, colorful event. Funded through an arts grant from the City of West Hollywood.
- The L-Project presents 2nd annual Rainbow Family Day Picnic – Saturday, June 17, 2023 from 11am-3pm, at Plummer Park, in front of Fiesta Hall. The multicultural and all inclusive event, co-sponsored by the City of West Hollywood, is free. The Rainbow Family Day Picnic was born out the idea that it would be an extension to L Project’s Women’s Freedom Festival in 2022. The event would be part of the WEHo Pride celebration, focusing on family. Producers Chris Baldwin and Madonna Cacciatore wanted to create a space that would be fun and inclusive to queer families with children and chosen families with pets, so it is dog friendly.The Second Annual Rainbow Family Day Picnic will offer something for everyone and will include various activities like music, art, dance, food, and vendors.
- · Drag Story Hour – Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 11 a.m. at the West Hollywood Library Community Meeting Room, located at 625 N. San Vicente Boulevard. Drag Story Hour is free and family friendly; no RSVP is needed. This program been funded by the City of West Hollywood’s Arts Division since 2017 and is presented in partnership with the staff of West Hollywood Library. June’s Drag Story Hour reader is Amber Crane.
- Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles – Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 7 p.m. at West Hollywood Park, located at 647 N. San Vicente Boulevard. Watch the sunset and celebrate Pride Month with the Gay Men’s Chorus as they sing favorite hit songs from their recent concerts, including Queen, Motown, Sondheim, and pop divas! See the Chorus sing the best of the best for free before their June performances of Disney Pride in Concert at Walt Disney Concert Hall! This is an outdoor event. Attendees may bring lawn chairs, outdoor cushions, or blankets. This event is funded through an arts grant from the City of West Hollywood.