- Advertisement -
More
    - Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -
    HomeNews'They Took the Whole Safe' - La Boheme West Hollywood was Robbed

    ‘They Took the Whole Safe’ – La Boheme West Hollywood was Robbed

    During the Public Comments section of a Regular West Hollywood City Council Meeting on Monday, November 6, 2023, Lucian Tudor, the CEO of La Boheme restaurant, located at 8400 Santa Monica Blvd, revealed that the restaurant was robbed in late October resulting in $20,000 in damages.

    “Unfortunately, two weeks ago we got robbed,” Todor told the city council. “…they took the whole safe from the office with more than $20,000 of damages at La Boheme. I know we live in challenging times and you might have the solutions right now. I’m here, not to attack you, but [I’m] telling you I’m worried about the wellbeing of this community, including the business community. We live in very challenging times.

    Tudor added that one thing he was sure of is that Block by Block Security Ambassadors are not solving La Behome’s security problems. “We need to double up sheriffs on our streets,” he said. “We need to use the resources of Block by Block, which I know is going to be on your table in December to discuss their performance overall. Block by Block promises and they don’t deliver. We need to be safe… and [not expect] to get robbed every other month with the 1000s and 1000s of dollars in damages [which] is normal for me, so please help us out, taking into considerations my thoughts…this community needs to be safe. People need to feel safe in their homes, feel safe walking our streets, feel safe to eat out in any of our restaurants.”

    The restaurant made national headlines, on April 25, 2023, after camera footage captured an armed robbery where one of the one of the suspects held an assault rifle. Three victims were robbed. One of the victims was struck in the face with a handgun by the suspects. A third victim walking on the sidewalk was also robbed at gunpoint. The suspects fled the area in a stolen, silver Dodge Charger, which was being driven by a male juvenile.

    At a council meeting in June, Tudor revealed during Public Comments that his restaurant had been vandalized five times following the assault gun robbery incident. “The city is getting extremely unsafe, staff are afraid to come to work and we need the city’s help,” he said.

    5 1 vote
    Article Rating
    Paulo Murillo
    Paulo Murillohttps://wehotimes.com
    Paulo Murillo is Editor in Chief and Publisher of WEHO TIMES. He brings over 20 years of experience as a columnist, reporter, and photo journalist. Murillo began his professional writing career as the author of “Love Ya, Mean It,” an irreverent and sometimes controversial West Hollywood lifestyle column for FAB! newspaper. His work has appeared in numerous print and online publications, which include the “Hot Topic” column in Frontiers magazine, where he covered breaking news and local events in West Hollywood. He can be reached at [email protected]

    27 COMMENTS

    Subscribe
    Notify of
    guest
    27 Comments: We Want to Hear from You!
    newest
    oldest most voted
    Inline Feedbacks
    View all comments
    Natasha
    Natasha
    Offline
    6 months ago

    It’s sad that the city isn’t doing more to protect these businesses. Santa Monica blvd has become a dangerous place to operate.

    Toms
    Toms
    Offline
    6 months ago

    With all the crime, robbery’s lack of police. Ambassadors that are asleep, or chatting away. WHY would you leave all this money at your parking lot businesss. Are you kidding?!!!

    Dan Harrington-Tyrell
    Dan Harrington-Tyrell
    Offline
    6 months ago

    He has to file a police report in order to make a claim against there insurance.

    Stephen
    Stephen
    Offline
    6 months ago

    HIRE PRIVATE SECURITY.
    Liar, drama queen, whatever… Inside job or not…This is a very large property and police or block by block aren’t here for your personal security.

    Kiss it
    Kiss it
    Offline
    6 months ago

    There’s too much drama with this restaurant I like the color however it just needs to close and a Cracker Barrel should open there…
    The only thing good about this place is the bathroom is locked so I can give an honest BJ while I’m waiting for my food to deliver my hooking up with other guys on grinder waiting for their appetizers to come out

    TomS
    TomS
    Offline
    Reply to  Kiss it
    6 months ago

    It’s called drama for business .Hummmm was this some hidden special cash account for after hours in the parking lot?
    Sitting in a safe in a hi crime uptick city? Then what’s in his bank account?
    jeeez and I’m not trying to be nosey.

    voter
    voter
    Offline
    6 months ago

    Will be a great to loss to the city when La Boheme closes and will leave a huge spot for vagrants to live in. We need to support our local businesses. The snarky comments on this site are shockingly stupid.

    Kevin
    Kevin
    Offline
    Reply to  voter
    6 months ago

    This location would be vacant for a second. There are a number of high profile and better restauranteurs who would love to take over this space, so don’t worry about it being “huge spot for vagrants” to live in. The comments reflect that many in the community do not support or believe in this operator.

    angry gay pope
    angry gay pope
    Offline
    6 months ago

    These comments are interesting. Nevertheless this venue has been pummeled by crime for months!

    Kevin
    Kevin
    Offline
    Reply to  angry gay pope
    6 months ago

    Pummeled? To my knowledge the only police report was on the armed robbery in an alley behind them. He says he has been vandalized, but no official police reports to my knowledge. Considering half his restaurant is in what should be an open parking lot, he is very exposed to anything though.

    angry gay pope
    angry gay pope
    Offline
    Reply to  Kevin
    6 months ago

    They have had multiple robberies and break ins. They went to the city meeting as a company to complain about it!

    Kevin
    Kevin
    Offline
    Reply to  angry gay pope
    6 months ago

    That is just not backed up by official police records. He can say whatever he wants and often does for the attention seemingly. I just don’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth, but I guess you do. So be it.

    Foggy eyed guy
    Foggy eyed guy
    Offline
    6 months ago

    The reason why this story is sketch is because this supposed robbery is most likely an inside job. This has to be the only reason he didn’t call the local news stations to report on the robbery. It’s probably why a police report wasn’t filed that we know of. One of his people did it, but he can’t help himself in making it about the council and blaming Block by Block. I should be surprised he hasn’t hired a security guard like most businesses, but I’m not, because this guy loves attention and he loves feeling sorry for himself.

    Kevin
    Kevin
    Offline
    Reply to  Foggy eyed guy
    6 months ago

    In a bit of poetic justice, maybe one the busboys he fired took it on their last day! This guy is turning into Weho’s own George Santos.

    resident
    resident
    Offline
    Reply to  Foggy eyed guy
    6 months ago

    You are a silly person. You need to educate yourself.

    Kevin
    Kevin
    Offline
    Reply to  resident
    6 months ago

    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. This guy spreads BS like snow in the mountains.

    customer
    customer
    Offline
    Reply to  Foggy eyed guy
    6 months ago

    I question YOUR character is coming to this conclusion. Not everyone is a liar and a thief. This man is trying to save his business.

    Kevin
    Kevin
    Offline
    Reply to  customer
    6 months ago

    He fires his busboys, rails against a decent wage and makes his employees walk to a city hall meeting to support his views and you question my character. Do some research into this guy.

    Weho artist
    Weho artist
    Offline
    6 months ago

    Yeah, this doesn’t pass the smell test.

    customer
    customer
    Offline
    Reply to  Weho artist
    6 months ago

    Why? Do you have some inside knowledge or are you just trying to be smarmy?

    Kevin
    Kevin
    Offline
    Reply to  customer
    6 months ago

    No police report.

    Enough!
    Enough!
    Offline
    6 months ago

    He’s right! Blocked by block is not cutting it. Take those resources and funnel them into hiring more sheriffs deputies.

    Kevin
    Kevin
    Offline
    6 months ago

    He’s back…….. the narcissist can’t go a few weeks without being in the spotlight. I would really like to see the police report on this. Paulo, can you get it from the sheriff. His comments on the ambassadors would seemingly be mute, because if this really occurred as he said (again is there a police report) it would most likely of happened when they would be off duty.

    JohnRyan
    JohnRyan
    Offline
    Reply to  Kevin
    6 months ago

    I agree, get the Sheriff’s report. If he’s so concerned about the safety of our city, why did he wait two weeks to report this? Why did it not show in the weekly Crime Report? Something not right here…..

    customer
    customer
    Offline
    Reply to  Kevin
    6 months ago

    What is wrong with you?

    Kevin
    Kevin
    Offline
    Reply to  customer
    6 months ago

    I don’t like BS and this guy spreads it like snow in the mountains.

    SIck of LaBoheme
    SIck of LaBoheme
    Offline
    Reply to  Kevin
    6 months ago

    yeah well NATASHA always shows up to kiss the La Boheme shrine

    RELATED ARTICLES
    - Advertisment -

    Recent Comments On WEHO TIMES

    Latest Articles

    27
    0
    Would love your thoughts, please comment.x