This is a reminder that the City of West Hollywood has worked with L.A. County Registrar-Recorder to establish three Ballot Drop Box at three different locations in West Hollywood. They feature safety and security features, such as 24-hour electronic monitoring.
Ballot Drop Box locations are as follows:
- West Hollywood City Hall, located at 8300 Santa Monica Boulevard (Ballot Drop Box located behind City Hall, off of N. Sweetzer Avenue)
- West Hollywood Library, located at 625 N. San Vicente Boulevard (Ballot Drop Box located on the west side of the street, in front of the library)
- Plummer Park, located at 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard (Ballot Drop Box located in front of the Plummer Park Community Center)
Traditional neighborhood “polling places” have been replaced in Los Angeles County by Vote Centers, which allow LA County residents (which includes West Hollywood residents) to vote at any Vote Center location over an 11-day period. Select Vote Centers will be available beginning Saturday, October 24, 2020. All Vote Centers will be available beginning Friday, October 30, 2020.
All Los Angeles County voters will have 10 consecutive days as well as Election Day, Tuesday, November 3, 2020, to vote in-person at a Vote Center.
In the City of West Hollywood, there will be a Vote Center at Plummer Park’s Fiesta Hall, located at 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard. This Vote Center will be open from Saturday, October 30, 2020 to Tuesday, November 3, 2020. For additional Vote Center locations, visit https://locator.lavote.net/locations/vc.
During the early voting period, from Saturday, October 24, 2020 to Monday, November 2, 2020, Vote Centers will be open every day from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. On Election Day, Tuesday, November 3, 2020, Vote Centers will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All Vote Centers have made health and safety a priority and will follow state and county public health and safety guidelines, such as:
- Voters must use facial coverings and gloves (coverings and gloves will be made available if needed);
- Wiping and sanitizing all surfaces and Ballot Marking Devices after each voter;
- Enforcement of social distancing of six feet or more; and
- Election workers will wear protective gloves and masks.
Additional Ballot Drop Box Locations: https://locator.lavote.net/locations/vbm.
The deadline to register to vote in the General Municipal Election is Monday, October 19, 2020. The City of West Hollywood encourages community members to check their voter registration status at lavote.net/vrstatus.