California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) reports that on May 16, 2022, SoCalGas submitted its 2024 General Rate Case application (A.22-05-015) requesting CPUC approval to increase revenues for 2024-2027. SoCalGas is requesting to increase revenues by $738 million (20.2 percent increase over 2023 expected revenues) in 2024. This application also includes requested increases of $295 million (6.7 percent) in 2025, $261 million (5.6 percent) in 2026, and $379 million (7.7 percent) in 2027. If the CPUC approves this application, SoCalGas will implement new revenues in gas rates beginning on January 1, 2024. If SoCalGas’ rate request is approved by the CPUC, the typical residential monthly bill using 36 therms per month would increase by approximately $8.28 or 13.2% per month in 2024, compared to estimated 2023.
CPUC hosted one of two virtual meetings on Monday, March 6, 2023.
The next meeting will be on March 15, 2023, 6pm (virtual only).
You can also make your voice heard in the proceedings, and read the comments of others, on CPUC’s online Docket Card comment section for the proceeding at:
Remote access via webcast or phone for the public forums, as follows:
- Live video broadcast with English or Spanish captions via webcast: www.adminmonitor.com/ca/cpuc
- Participants who choose to participate via webcast will only have audio and video capabilities but will not be able to make verbal comments. If you would like to make a comment during the meeting, the phone-in information is below.
- For captions, after clicking on the name of the event, click the green button at the bottom of the video for captions. Then select captions by clicking on the white icon next to the word “live” at the bottom of the video.
- The forums will also be recorded and archived for future viewing.
- English phone line: 800-857-1917, passcode: 1767567#
- Participants will have audio in English and will be able to make comments. (To make a comment, after entering the passcode, when prompted press *1, unmute your phone, and record your name.)
- Wait times depend on the number of speakers in the public comment queue. During times of high call volumes, wait times will be longer. The operator will call on you when it is your turn to speak.
- Vietnamese phone line for the March 15 public forum: 800-857-1917, passcode: 3799627#
- Participants will have audio in Vietnamese and will be able to make comments. (To make a comment, after entering the passcode, when prompted press *1, unmute your phone, and record your name.
If special accommodations are needed to attend, such as non-English or sign language interpreters, please contact the CPUC’s Public Advisor’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 866-849-8390 at least five business days in advance of the public forum.