Last updated October 1, 2022
How WEHO TIMES treats your data
Why it matters: We want to build an indispensable platform for people to get smarter, faster on the world, their industry, and their workplace. Knowing certain things about each of you will help us do that better and support our advertisers who make our services possible. But this doesn’t serve as a decree to collect your data without bounds, so we strive to be extremely respectful with what we collect and are constantly pushing ourselves to a higher standard with regards to privacy.
California users should read the important information here.
First, how do we get information?
- When you register for newsletters, we collect your email address and topics you’re interested in.
- When you request information about WEHO TIMES HQ or other services, submit a tip, or otherwise contact us, we collect the information you provide, such as your contact information (only if you provide it), company name, and the content of the communication.
- When you register for a service or complete a payment for your account, we collect your account information, such as your email address and password, and any information needed to complete the transaction, including your name and payment card number.
- When you complete a survey, enter a contest, or sign up for or attend an event, we collect your contact information, demographic information, professional information, and other information you provide.
- When you use our mobile app, we may collect your location information if you have set your device settings to share location with our mobile app.
- We also get information from third parties, such as data providers. If you register with WEHO TIMES, we may ask a data provider to tell us more about you. For example, if you also registered on another news site and allowed that site to share your information with data providers and others, the data provider will share those details with us. Data providers also may give us information such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, and professional information of those who may be interested in hearing about WEHO TIMES’s services.
- We may collect information about people you know. Our Site may include a “Refer a Friend” program that allows you to easily forward information about WEHO TIMES to friends or family. If you elect to refer a friend or family member to our Site, we will ask for that person’s email address. We also may send that friend or family member a message on your behalf. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this message and to manage and improve our “Refer a Friend” program.
- We may also collect information about you in ways that we explain at the point of collection. You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use our services.
So here are some of the key things WEHO TIMES does with your data:
- First and foremost, we use your information to provide and personalize and improve the WEHO TIMES services for you, including to send you newsletters and respond to your inquiries.
- We may remove your name and email address from your information and combine it with other users’ information to make information for statistics. Which articles are users visiting most? How do they get to those articles? Do users that come directly to our homepage return the next day?
We customize the content and advertising you see, including by using cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies on our services.
- We work with advertising partners to understand who views our ads and any ads on the WEHO TIMES services. How many users viewed the ads? What were those users’ estimated income ranges? Did users’ engagement with the ads vary based on where the ad was placed on the website, mobile app or in a newsletter?
- If you register with WEHO TIMES, we may market our services to you based on a combination of the information you provide to us, the information we collect via cookies and other technologies, and information about you we may get from data providers.
- We partner with third-party platforms, including social media platforms, to market new WEHO TIMES products to you. These third parties may collect or receive information about you or your use of our services. For example, we may use Facebook advertising tools to help us identify Facebook users who also read WEHO TIMES. We could then ask Facebook to advertise a new economics newsletter to Facebook users who read an economics article on WEHO TIMES in the last week. When we do this, Facebook does not share your personal information with us. If you use a third-party platform login (like Amazon) to access WEHO TIMES, we may share your information with the platform according to your platform settings.
- We partner with sponsors to co-host events. When you sign up for an event, WEHO TIMES and our sponsors collect your registration information.
- We may also use or share your information when you specifically allow us to do so. For example, we may ask you whether we can share some of your information with other WEHO TIMES users — such as sports-related preferences like favorite team — in a user spotlight or user answer section included in a newsletter or email to other WEHO TIMES users. These surveys are voluntary and only for users who specifically choose to participate.
- What we don’t do: Sell personally identifiable information to any third parties.
Remember, you have choices.
- You can always opt out of any newsletter or promotional email by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email. We might still send you some transactional emails, like responding to you by email if you send us a request or comment.
- You can change your mobile device settings to stop sharing location information with our mobile app.
- If you don’t want your browser to accept any cookies, you can change your browser settings, BUT the WEHO TIMES services may not function properly. FYI, WEHO TIMES does not respond to any Do Not Track signals that your browser may send.
Read more: WEHO TIMES Tracking Choices; Advertising Choices; Do Not Track Signals.
Depending on where you live, you may have additional rights to access and delete personal information that has been collected about you in certain circumstances. For more information, please email [email protected].
For our readers outside US:
Contact us: Feel free to contact us with your questions, requests, comments, or concerns at [email protected], or WEHO TIMES / Murillo Media, LLC.