- Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -
    HomeNewsMan was Brutally Assaulted in West Hollywood

Man was Brutally Assaulted in West Hollywood

- Advertisement -

A man was physically assaulted in West Hollywood Sunday night. The attack occurred in front of Tender Greens on Santa Monica Blvd at the Hancock Drive intersection. The same suspect is believed to have assaulted others at random. West Hollywood Sheriff’s are currently investigating the case.

David Velasquez says he was already having a bad day while others celebrated St. Patrick’s Day in West Hollywood’s LGBT Rainbow District Sunday night. He landed in Cedars Sinai earlier that day due to severe cold and flu symptoms and he had stopped by Pavilions in WeHo to get medication. He says he was riding his personal scooter home on the sidewalk even though he know it was against the rules, because he had almost been hit by a car earlier that day and was afraid a lot of people driving drunk.

“I was right there in front of the Tender Greens–the one on Santa Monica and Hancock–and then, like, I was passing by this random guy, and he just like out of nowhere slapped me with his left hand and smacked my helmet off smacked me in the face.”

According to Velasquez he confronted the guy and asked him what was his problem. There was a back and forth argument. “then the next thing I know, he’s hitting me and wrestling me, trying to throw my phone into the street,” he said. “He’s bashing my head and has his knee on top of my chest, trying to smash my head into the street–‘Die faggot, die,’ he kept saying.”

He says his attacker stopped when a man who jumped out of a Chevy Suburban intervened. Velasquez managed to run away up Hancock Avenue. “A girl came up to me afterwards and said she wanted to press charges. He assaulted her also. Just slapped her for no reason. She was a black girl with two Latino friends. So that’s when I called the police. They came and got me an ambulance. I’m over here at Cedars Sinai again.”

According to Velasquez, West Hollywood Sheriff’s took his report. The woman who claims she had also been assaulted had left by the time the Sheriff’s arrived. He says he has a cut lip and some head trauma as the result of the attack.

The assailant is described at a 6ft tall caucasian male in his 30s with a muscular build and a beard. He was described as nicely dressed and seemed to be very inebriated.

According to a West Hollywood Sheriff’s representative, a detective has been assigned to the case and the investigation is ongoing.

If you see something, say something. Anonymous tips can be called into Crimestoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477), or by texting 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. If you see something, say something. Anyone with information can also drop a tip at https://www.lacrimestoppers.org.

Your identity is always encrypted and anonymous. No personal information, phone number, e-mail, IP address or location is ever requested, saved, traced, tracked or monitored. Period.

The purpose of Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers is to prevent and reduce crime, by forming a partnership among the community, law enforcement and the media to offer anonymity and cash rewards to anyone providing information leading to an arrest.

Crime Stoppers encourages members of the community to assist local law enforcement agencies in the fight against crime by overcoming the two key elements that inhibit community involvement: fear and apathy.

West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station polices the City of West Hollywood and the unincorporated communities of Franklin Canyon, Universal City (which includes Universal Theme Park, Studios, and Citywalk), and the Federal Enclave in West Los Angeles.

5 3 votes
    - Advertisement -
    Paulo Murillo
    Paulo Murillohttps://wehotimes.com
    Paulo Murillo is Editor in Chief and Publisher of WEHO TIMES. He brings over 20 years of experience as a columnist, reporter, and photo journalist. Murillo began his professional writing career as the author of “Love Ya, Mean It,” an irreverent and sometimes controversial West Hollywood lifestyle column for FAB! newspaper. His work has appeared in numerous print and online publications, which include the “Hot Topic” column in Frontiers magazine, where he covered breaking news and local events in West Hollywood. He can be reached at [email protected]

17 COMMENTS

17 Comments: We Want to Hear from You!
    B. Guzman
    B. Guzman
    3 months ago

Scooter or no scooter..Crime in west hollywood is high and not safe. We need to look over our shoulders just to walk anywhere. The city is already suffering a slow death ..Crime is just adding to the destruction of what use to be a busy walkable city.

Matthew Flanagan
    Matthew Flanagan
    3 months ago

lesson to be learned Don’t ride your scooter on the sidewalk

Phillipps Downing
    Phillipps Downing
    3 months ago

It’s wrong to assault anyone regardless on weather or not a scooter is being rode on the sidewalk. Violence only begets violence……

angry gay pope
    angry gay pope
    3 months ago

When on Sun. night did this happen? That is right on my street. Very disturbing!

Last edited 3 months ago by angry gay pope
    Kiss it
    Kiss it
    Offline
    Reply to  angry gay pope

Hi pope, just happened at 9 PM , sunday

lesson learned?
    lesson learned?
    3 months ago

I hope that teaches him not to illegally ride his scooter on the sidewalk! if he had been riding in the street where he should have been, it wouldn’t of happened!

mike dunn
    mike dunn
    Offline
    Reply to  lesson learned?
    3 months ago

Scooters should be banned from all major streets much like motor scooters are banned from Freeways. They are unsafe and a traffic hazard. Although the victim was illegally on the sidewalk a physical assault and battery is uncalled for and was a felony whereby riding on the sidewalk is a infraction at most. Physical violence is on the increase in West Hollywood and the cities number one priority should be increasing the number of contracted deputies offset by the elimination of the Block by Block worthless employees who never intervene and instead standby while felons beat innocent victims.

ophir benami
    ophir benami
    Reply to  mike dunn
    3 months ago

this is unfair and untrue to talk like that about the BBB ambassador guys. they are ultra helpful. i live on santa monica blvd and poinsettia. many homeless and junkies find our parking lot as a nice resting area – BBB guys have been amazingly helpful, each and every time. if they cant control it they call the sheriff and saying “they never intervene and instead stand by while felons beat innocent victims” is one pile of untrue, made up bullshit – and i have to call them for help like everyday, sometimes more than once a day so i… Read more »

Kiss it
    Kiss it
    Offline
    Reply to  lesson learned?
    3 months ago

I sometimes ride my privately owned scooter on the sidewalk and I don’t care and if you say anything to me on the sidewalk, you’re gonna get knocked out too

John Ryan
    John Ryan
    3 months ago

Sorry for what happened to you, it’s horrible.
    PLEASE ride your scooter only on the street; no excuses!

Kiss it
    Kiss it
    Reply to  John Ryan
    3 months ago

I often ride my privately own scooter on the sidewalk and if you say one thing to me, expect to get knocked out too I will do what I want when I want and however, I want

ophir benami
    ophir benami
    Reply to  Kiss it
    3 months ago

quickest way to find yourself behind bars – go for it buddy – we sure wouldnt mind!

John Cleese
    John Cleese
    3 months ago

Last month a person was arrested on a felony assault charge in West Hollywood. Although this person presents as a woman, the physical description in the booking info is of person 6’0″, 180, Caucasian.

This individual has not been seen in public since an Oscar worthy performance before the Weho City Council shortly after being arrested on February 15. That is plenty of time to grow a beard…

Bryce
    Bryce
    Reply to  John Cleese
    3 months ago

Oh, you mean Annie Jump Vicente! Haven’t seen Annie riding around west hollywood with a baseball bat lately. I’m thankful Annie didn’t have that baseball bat when Annie and coconspirator attacked the block by block ambassador.

Bastian
    Bastian
    Reply to  John Cleese
    3 months ago

Speaking of Annie, according to the arrest booking her court date was suppose to be March 7th, but I couldn’t find it on the court calendar that day, anyone know how that went? Also her accomplice trantifa “back basher” Leah hasn’t posted on Twitter in over 2 weeks, are they in custody? Tried looking through arrest records but didn’t see anything for Leah and unsure their real/dead name.

ophir benami
    ophir benami
    Reply to  Bastian
    3 months ago

she’s free and home. i see her everyday. i am her neighbor. annie jump’s neighbor.

ophir benami
    ophir benami
    Reply to  John Cleese
    3 months ago

hi, remember me? i’m annie’s neighbor.
    since feb 15, annie is acting like the parrot in the thanksgiving joke “may i ask what did the turkey do”?

she totally turned into Heidi, Girl Of The Alps.