KTLA announced on Tuesday that it has partnered with WeHo Pride to broadcast the 2nd WeHo Pride Parade, kicking off on Sunday, June 4.
West Hollywood Mayor Sepi Shyne joined Jeff Consoletti the Executive Producer of WeHo Pride as well as the Founder and CEO of JJLA, which produced the OUTLOUD Music Festival, on the KTLA set to discuss WeHo Pride coming to West Hollywood.
Shortly after the KTLA broadcast, the City of West Hollywood announced the lineup for WeHo Pride Presents Friday Night at OUTLOUD with free tickets for Friday, June 2 entry featuring Idina Menzel, Shangela, Jessie Ware, Tinashe with additional performances by JORDY, Tolliver, and DJ Venessa Michaels. Friday Night at OUTLOUD will kick-off WeHo Pride Weekend on Friday, June 2, 2023 starting at 6 p.m. and is free to the public. Attendance requires an RSVP to secure complimentary tickets, as event capacity is limited. OUTLOUD Weekend and WeHo Pride Pass holders will be guaranteed access on Friday Night. To RSVP for Friday Night entry or to purchase festival access, visit www.weareoutloud.com.
OUTLOUD @ WeHo Pride continues Saturday, June 3 and Sunday, June 4 requiring ticket purchase featuring top talent with headliners Grace Jones on Saturday and Carly Rae Jepsen on Sunday. The full weekend lineup also includes performances by Passion Pit, Orville Peck, Santigold, Princess Nokia, Yung Bae, La Roux, Meet Me @ The Altar, Jodie Harsh, Rubio, Cub Sport and Black Belt Eagle Scout, with more to be announced.
The WeHo Pride 2023 celebration in May and June includes:
- WeHo Pride Weekend will take place on Friday, June 2, 2023; Saturday, June 3, 2023; and Sunday, June 4, 2023 in and around West Hollywood Park, located at 647 N. San Vicente Boulevard. The weekend will include a free Street Fair, the Women’s Freedom Festival, the Dyke March, the WeHo Pride Parade, WeHo Pride Presents Friday Night at OUTLOUD, and OUTLOUD @ WeHo Pride Saturday/Sunday.
- The WeHo Pride Street Fair will take place on Saturday, June 3, 2023 and Sunday, June 4, 2023 and will celebrate Pride with diverse participation of LGBTQ+ community groups and allied organizations as part of visibility and expression. The Street Fair is free and will feature a vibrant variety of exhibitors along Santa Monica Boulevard. There will be live entertainment and performances on a community stage, highlighting the LGBTQ+ community. The Street Fair is a family-friendly event and is open to everyone. It is a great occasion to take part in WeHo Pride’s LGBTQ+ community experience.
- The Women’s Freedom Festival presented by the L-Project Los Angeles is planned to take place on Saturday, June 3, 2023. The 2023 event will feature emerging LGBTQ and BIPOC women and non-binary musicians, comedians, poets, and activists. More information will be available in the coming weeks at www.wehopride.com.
- The Dyke March is planned to take place on Saturday, June 3, 2023. For people who are interested in marching, stay informed at www.wehopride.com for route and timing information!
- Get festive as we roll down Santa Monica Boulevard for the WeHo Pride Parade on Sunday, June 4, 2023! The WeHo Pride Parade is an imaginative and colorful annual tradition along Santa Monica Boulevard that embraces LGBTQ+ representation, inclusion, and progress. Full of music, dancing, colorful floats, festive marching contingents, and creative flair, the Parade celebrates LGBTQ+ people and our contributions to community and culture. The Parade is a lively, energetic experience with good cheer and great vibes, and a whole lot of rainbows! Whether you participate in the Parade or join in the fun as a spectator, there’s something for everyone at the WeHo Pride Parade! Organizations and individuals interested in submitting an application to participate as an entrant in the annual WeHo Pride Parade must apply by 5 p.m. on April 15, 2023 by using the form posted at https://www.wehopride.com/news/weho-pride-parade-applications-now-available-2023. Get creative and think outside of the box! The WeHo Pride Parade welcomes floats, bands, drill teams, dance teams, entertainment entries, marchers, and more.
- OUTLOUD @ WeHo Pride produced by JJLA is the flagship music festival and concert experience of WeHo Pride on Friday, June 2, 2023; Saturday, June 3, 2023; and Sunday, June 4, 2023 at West Hollywood Park, located at 647 N. San Vicente Boulevard with a star-studded, high-energy line-up celebrating and advocating for queer voices in music. For more information and tickets, visit www.weareoutloud.com.
- WeHo Pride Arts Festival will take place during 40 days from Harvey Milk Day on Monday, May 22, 2023 to Friday, June 30, 2023 at various locations throughout the City of West Hollywood. First launched in 2008, and formerly known as the One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival, this year’s Arts Festival will feature a stellar range of LGBTQ+ dance, visual art, performance, literary arts, craft, and more. Learn more about Arts Festival events by visiting www.wehopride.com/artsfestival (programming details will be posted as they become available). This year’s Arts Festival launches with a celebration of Harvey Milk Day taking place on Monday, May 22, 2023 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., which features the 1st Annual José Sarria Amateur Drag Pageant, a voter registration table, and an interactive photo opportunity.
WeHo Pride celebrations during WeHo Pride Weekend and during May and June 2023 will include a diverse array of LGBTQ+ community groups as part of visibility, expression, and celebration.
WeHo Pride Street Fair applications are also currently open for vendors, artists, performers, and more. The Street Fair promises to be bigger and better than ever before. With a wide range of activities and options, there is sure to be something for everyone. LGBTQ+ affiliated community groups who would like to apply for a free booth space in the WeHo Pride Street Fair can apply here. All other organizations interested in exhibiting at the WeHo Pride Street Fair can apply here. The deadline to submit an application is April 15, 2023.