- Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -
    HomeNewsJohn Erickson was Elected Mayor of West Hollywood and Chelsea Byers as...

John Erickson was Elected Mayor of West Hollywood and Chelsea Byers as Vice Mayor

- Advertisement -

At the Regular West Hollywood City Council meeting on Monday, December 18, 2023, the Council unanimously elected the current Mayor Pro Tempore, John Erickson, as the new Mayor of West Hollywood for 2024. Additionally, Council Member Chelsea Byers was elected as Vice Mayor. During Monday’s council meeting, the Mayor Pro Tempore title was changed to Vice Mayor, making Council Member Byers the first to hold this title.

The Mayor and Vice Mayor will be officially installed on January 16, 2024, at the Reorganization Meeting, commencing at 6:00 p.m.

“I am truly honored to be named the city’s first Vice Mayor,” said newly elected Vice Mayor Chelsea Byers during Council Comments. “I am thrilled to serve alongside Mayor Erickson and this incredible council. As we approach the end of this year and the beginning of a new one, I extend my deepest gratitude to the community for its ongoing support.”

Vice Mayor Byers extended her thanks to outgoing West Hollywood Mayor Sepi Shyne for her dedicated service, as well as to City Staff and board and commission members.

“Councilmember Byers, congratulations, soon-to-be Vice Mayor elect Byers,” said Mayor-elect Erickson. “I want to express my gratitude to my colleagues for this honor and thank Mayor Shyne for her leadership this past year. I am proud to be your colleague and even prouder to call you a friend. Thank you for leading us through it. Happy holidays, everyone.”

City Council Members serve a four-year term and are elected at large. They select one of their members to serve as Mayor, with this office rotating among Council members during their yearly reorganization. The reorganization, which previously occurred in April, was changed at the March 1, 2021 City Council meeting to better align with the November election. The election is now conducted in December, and the new Mayor and Mayor Pro Tempore are installed at a meeting in January, as directed by the City Council.

5 1 vote
    - Advertisement -
    Paulo Murillo
    Paulo Murillohttps://wehotimes.com
    Paulo Murillo is Editor in Chief and Publisher of WEHO TIMES. He brings over 20 years of experience as a columnist, reporter, and photo journalist. Murillo began his professional writing career as the author of “Love Ya, Mean It,” an irreverent and sometimes controversial West Hollywood lifestyle column for FAB! newspaper. His work has appeared in numerous print and online publications, which include the “Hot Topic” column in Frontiers magazine, where he covered breaking news and local events in West Hollywood. He can be reached at [email protected]

15 COMMENTS

15 Comments: We Want to Hear from You!
    Voter53
    Voter53
    6 months ago

Corrupt politicians! Shame on them not being serving the residents of this city but them own interests!!!

local Here 11 may be happy.

Natasha
    Natasha
    6 months ago

They make our city council look like a clown show.

Enough!
    Enough!
    6 months ago

Two out of the three worst and most unqualified to hold a seat on the council. (one guess who’s the third…hint..starts with an S). The trio of union owned council members have been systematically destroying our city with their policies.

Weho artist
    Weho artist
    Reply to  Enough!
    6 months ago

They haven’t destroyed anything. You are so fucking dramatic and nonsensical. Your doom and gloom comments are beyond tired at this point.

Kiss it
    Kiss it
    6 months ago

I’ve never heard of Chelsea buyers until I saw this post today who is she what does she do and what contributions that she have to our society here in West Hollywood can any of you tell me I would like to know more about her

Weho Restidnet
    Weho Restidnet
    Reply to  Kiss it
    6 months ago

I’m sure a little research on your part through the city council’s website, their meeting notes, etc., could tell you, since both are sitting councilmembers

Weho artist
    Weho artist
    6 months ago

Congratulations to them both!

Dan Harrington-Tyrell
    Dan Harrington-Tyrell
    6 months ago

Best of luck to them both

C'mon Sense
    C'mon Sense
    Reply to  Dan Harrington-Tyrell
    6 months ago

You mean, best of luck to us.

Foggy eyed guy
    Foggy eyed guy
    6 months ago

Congratulations to our newly elected mayor and vice mayor. It is refreshing to see young people thriving.

resident
    resident
    6 months ago

Neither one of these anti-semites were at the menorah lighting ceremony the other day.

Foggy eyed guy
    Foggy eyed guy
    Reply to  resident
    6 months ago

Oh hush up you. There is actual real antisemitism going on in the world right now. Don’t water it down because people don’t celebrate the holidays the same way you do. You must be mad that Heilman didn’t get elected mayor. He has been mayor so many times I the past 40 years and he’s not even a very exciting one at that. Give our young leaders a break and give them a chance without you demonizing them because they don’t have the same beliefs as you.

youknowwho
    youknowwho
    Reply to  resident
    6 months ago

either was I nor most of this city – make me an anti-semite? everyone else?

Pierce
    Pierce
    Reply to  youknowwho
    6 months ago

(besides, if that allegation were true–[which it’s not]–why would an anti-semite BE at a menorah lighting)? Ridiculous.

Kiss it
    Kiss it
    Reply to  resident
    6 months ago

Honey I’m a slut and I didn’t make it to the menorah lighting because I’m a slut . And another thing I’m not even Jewish not everyone even knew about the menorah lighting I didn’t know if I did I would’ve gone anyways even though I have no religion Comp, just to pick up hot guys if there’s any there