Council Member John D’Amico recently announced that he is running for re-election for West Hollywood city council via his newsletter. He wrote that he’s running for another term because of his love for WEHO and his hope to continue to do good work and bring more of the life we love to West Hollywood.
“This comes after much thought and discussion with [husband] Keith at home and many, many community members who have asked me to continue serving,” he wrote in his newsletter. “I appreciate their request and enthusiasm and do promise to continue to work everyday to help our residents and engage in the kind of city-making that made West Hollywood what it is today.”
His list of reasons for his re-election run are as follows:
- Be a part of the completion of the West Hollywood Park Project, the new pool and recreation center and the AIDS Monument.
- See the completion of the Smart City, Carbon Neutrality and Sustainable Building ordinances that I initiated since joining the council.
- Keep our social services targeted to our most vulnerable residents who need a caring hand.
- Continue to pursue a housing affordability plan, rent control expansion and new development matrix that keeps our city affordable for another 50 years, and
Put our city on track to get Metro rail, be part of the 2028 Los Angeles Summer Olympic Arts and Sports Celebrations.
- Continue the long standing cultural excellence that has been a hallmark of the West Hollywood identity.
“There is a lot of work to do,” he added. “And I am excited to do it. And Washington DC isn’t helping us with any of our priorities: solving the affordability crisis, helping with the needs of seniors, stopping climate change, protecting the environment, spreading of civil rights and the protection of a woman’s right to choose. But our city is the little engine that could and we keep chugging along making our way.
Over the coming year, I will be filing the necessary paperwork with the FPPC and when released later this year filing my nomination papers with the City Clerk. And when the time comes I will ask for your help and ask for your vote.”
To reach councilmember John D’Amico with questions about city hall, reach him at: email@example.com. For thoughts on his re-election, reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or just give the guy a text or a call on his mobile at 310-498-5783.