Fan Girl Cafe is officially open for business in the City of West Hollywood at 8157 Santa Monica Blvd Ste A. The new woman, queer and Latina owned business received a warm welcome from the WeHo Mayor Sepi Shyne, Mayor Pro-Tem John Erickson and council member Chelsea Byers this past Wednesday, November 28 during their grand opening.
Mayor Shyne presented the new owners Betsy Martinez and wife Cynthia Temblador with a West Hollywood Certificate of Recognition to welcome them to the city.
“Thank you @wehocity members for coming out on our grand opening day and for welcoming us with this recognition letter,” reads a post on their Instagram account. “We are so grateful and thrilled to be a new small business in the place we call home, Weho, and excited for the community to experience our space.”
Fan Girl Cafe is described as a “vibrant and inclusive community cafe dedicated to celebrating and supporting women, non-binary, and LGBTQ artists in the music industry.”
Fan Girl promises to deliver the following:
- Diverse Menu: Enjoy a menu filled with artisanal coffee, teas, delectable pastries and savory small bites, certain to complement your fan girl experience. Proudly serving Intelligentsia Coffee.
- Music-Themed Decor: Immerse yourself in a music-themed ambiance with photography, posters, and art dedicated to inspiring artists in the industry. Sourcing original work from local artists and photographers is a top priority and another unique way the cafe will uplift and empower members of the community.
- Music videos: While visiting the cafe, watch a vast collection of music videos, featuring a variety of genres and generations. From mainstream to indie, local to international- Fan Girl Cafe will showcase a diverse playlist everyday.
- Community Engagement: They are dedicated to fostering a strong sense of community, where music enthusiasts and artists can connect, learn, and grow together.
Cafe features include:
- Live Performances/Open mic nights: Fan Girl Cafe will host regular live performances featuring talented women, non-binary, and LGBTQ musicians, providing a platform for them to showcase their skills.
- Book Club: A monthly book club focused on music biographies and novels by women authors.
- Artist Collaborations: Partnering with local artists for cafe decor, giveaways and exclusive merchandise. • Community Bulletin Board: We will share upcoming events and happenings in town on our community board.
In 2022, Fan Girl Cafe hosted pop-ups throughout West Hollywood to promote their mission of opening a brick and mortar space in 2023.
To learn more, visit their website at https://fangirlcafe.com/
Give them a follow on Instagram at @fangirlcafe_