Fan Girl Cafe is having a grand opening in the City of West Hollywood at 8157 Santa Monica Blvd Ste A, on Tuesday, November 28, 2023. The new family owned business is located on the northside of Santa Monica Blvd, near the Crescent Heights Blvd intersection.
“Drumroll please…!!!” Reads a post announcing their grand opening on their official Instagram account. “WE ARE IN BUSINESS!!! It’s been a long time coming. We had planned on opening in September, but things don’t always go as planned. But after a few setbacks and delays out of our control…we finally got all of our approvals to open! We can’t wait to share this space we created with you all! Grand opening is Tuesday, November 28th, BUT for those of you anxious to get your Fan Girl on sooner, please join us next week Tues Nov. 21st & Weds Nov 22nd for a couple of soft opening preview days! Stay tuned for more details. And of course, we would love any support in helping us share & spread the word! See you soon Fan Girls! 8157 Santa Monica Blvd Ste A West Hollywood #fangirlcafe #weho #grandopening #womeninmusic #lgbtqia #supportsmallbusiness #coffeeshop #musiccafe #womenwhorock #westhollywood #forwomenbywomen #community”
The new cafe is woman, queer, and Latina owned. Founders Betsy Martinez and wife Cynthia Temblador have created a space they believe will become a go-to neighborhood destination for community members who are passionate about music, coffee, and a delicious meal while being surrounded by like-minded people.
The new West Hollywood businesses had a friends and family event on Sunday where they had an an afternoon of music videos, treats, and some Karaoke towards the evening.
The grand opening will feature live music other special surprises to be announced.
Fan Girl Cafe is described as a “vibrant and inclusive community cafe dedicated to celebrating and supporting women, non-binary, and LGBTQ artists in the music industry.”
Fan Girl promises to deliver the following:
- Diverse Menu: Enjoy a menu filled with artisanal coffee, teas, delectable pastries and savory small bites, certain to complement your fan girl experience. Proudly serving Intelligentsia Coffee.
- Music-Themed Decor: Immerse yourself in a music-themed ambiance with photography, posters, and art dedicated to inspiring artists in the industry. Sourcing original work from local artists and photographers is a top priority and another unique way the cafe will uplift and empower members of the community.
- Music videos: While visiting the cafe, watch a vast collection of music videos, featuring a variety of genres and generations. From mainstream to indie, local to international- Fan Girl Cafe will showcase a diverse playlist everyday.
- Community Engagement: They are dedicated to fostering a strong sense of community, where music enthusiasts and artists can connect, learn, and grow together.
Cafe features include:
- Live Performances/Open mic nights: Fan Girl Cafe will host regular live performances featuring talented women, non-binary, and LGBTQ musicians, providing a platform for them to showcase their skills.
- Book Club: A monthly book club focused on music biographies and novels by women authors.
- Artist Collaborations: Partnering with local artists for cafe decor, giveaways and exclusive merchandise. • Community Bulletin Board: We will share upcoming events and happenings in town on our community board.
In 2022, Fan Girl Cafe hosted pop-ups throughout West Hollywood to promote their mission of opening a brick and mortar space in 2023.
To learn more, visit their website at https://fangirlcafe.com/
Give them a follow on Instagram at @fangirlcafe_