Casa Madera West Hollywood is having its grand opening on The Sunset Strip TODAY, Saturday, January 14, 2023, inside the Mondrian Hotel. This is the second location by Noble 33 hospitality group known for its unique, high-energy dining experiences.
Following the concept’s Toronto debut in April 2022, Noble 33 Co-Founders Tosh Berman and Mikey Tanha bring the popular Mayan Riviera-inspired restaurant to the heart of West Hollywood’s Sunset Strip.
Casa Madera West Hollywood is described as an 8,000 square-foot oasis inspired by sand and sea brought to life by Noble 33’s in-house design firm Monochrome Concept. Nestled in the open air pavilion of the Mondrian’s popular outdoor deck, the entire area has been reimagined into a Mexican coastal environment that embraces outdoor dining year round.
The interior design features an elevated coastal vibe blending Mexican influences with modern organic design including elements of rustic wood finishes, refined teak, handwoven bespoke furniture, and natural earthy textures. Expansive rope-and-thatch pergolas combined with fire features and tropical landscaping create the warm and inviting outdoor dining and lounge space. Casa Madera’s large, centralized bar separates al fresco tables and booths from two indoor dining rooms and private dining space. Converting from day to night, outdoor spaces are entirely covered by a retractable awning.
“A surprising rarity in Los Angeles, Casa Madera boasts incredible panoramic views of Los Angeles,” says Berman. “With visibility from Downtown Los Angeles to the Pacific Ocean, Casa Madera is uniquely positioned on the Sunset Strip to offer an immersive indoor and outdoor experience with a carefully curated food and beverage program.”
The seafood menu, crafted by Noble 33’s Corporate Executive Chef AJ McCloud, is inspired by coastal Mexican cuisine and Mediterranean influences. Dinner standouts include:
- Bahia Vieira: sea scallop and striped bass aguachile, bergamot, ginger, charred cucumber, sea beans, hand torn herbs
- Duck Carnitas Tacos: orange supreme, red onion, serrano, garlic crema, chipotle cherry salsa
- Dover Sole: caper brown butter sauce, chili de arbol, lemon brulee
- Earth + Sea: 8 oz prime filet + poached lobster, madeira cream sauce
- Torre de Mariscos: two seafood tower options, with the larger of the two including oysters, mussels, jumbo shrimp, lobster, king crab legs and lobster cocktail, with an optional caviar add-on
Casa Madera’s culinary offerings will be complemented by an interactive cocktail menu crafted by Noble 33’s Corporate Beverage Director Carla Lorenzo with an additional spotlight on zero-proof and low ABV options. Cocktail highlights include:
- Playa Paraiso: Altos blanco tequila, watermelon, coconut water, benedictine, lime, agave, eucalyptus & cinnamon fog
- POG: Sandovales reposado tequila, passionfruit, orange, guava, agave, fire water
- La Fuente (zero-proof): Seedlip Grove, coconut water, lime, blue spirulina, spiced demerara
“A sister restaurant to the West Hollywood-born Toca Madera, it’s thrilling to open a new concept in the city that Noble 33 calls home” says Noble 33 CEO and Co-Founder Mikey Tanha. “With recent expansion from Canada to the United Kingdom, we’re looking forward to bringing Casa Madera to our friends and neighbors, and couldn’t think of a better location than the iconic Mondrian hotel on Sunset Boulevard.”
Casa Madera West Hollywood is located at 8440 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069 and operates seven days a week. The restaurant is open from 5pm through 10:30pm Sunday through Thursday, and 5pm through 12:30am Friday and Saturday, with reservations available via Seven Rooms. Find Casa Madera online at www.TheCasaMadera.com and on Instagram @TheCasaMadera.