California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) recently listed a new business venture called Blue Birdy as the upcoming restaurant business coming to 8917 W. Sunset Boulevard, which is the former home of Tex-Mex restaurant Justin Queso’s in the heart of The Sunset Strip (before Justin’s, it was a restaurant called Gorge).
The new restaurant by primary owner JC Noosh Corp., is listed as 47 – On-Sale General Eating Place. The liquor license number 609114, is transferring from Just Queso’s. It is currently pending as of November 9, 2023.
No details on what kind of restaurant Blue Birdy will be, or when it will open, but according to a job posting we found on salary.com, the new restaurant is searching for a full time chef. The position is listed as being available before January 31, 2024.
Responsibilities for a chef position at Blue Birdy are listed as follows:
- Prepare and cook delicious and visually appealing meals according to the menu and recipes provided
- Ensure that all food is prepared in a timely manner and meets quality standards
- Collaborate with the kitchen staff to ensure smooth operations and efficient workflow
- Monitor inventory levels and order supplies as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, following all sanitation guidelines
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and practices
- Assist with menu planning and development
- Proven experience as a Chef or Cook in a professional kitchen setting
- Strong knowledge of various cooking techniques, ingredients, and culinary trends
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Attention to detail and a passion for creating high-quality dishes
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
Bartending experience is not relevant to the position of Chef, so it was not included in this job description.
Pay: From $5,500.00 per month
To learn more about experience and other details for the Chef position click on the link below:
Justin Queso’s closed in late September. The restaurant was co-owned by actor and restaurateur Shane West (“A Walk to Remember”, “What We Do is Secret”, “ER”). A sign posted on the restaurant patio announced that the restaurant was rebranding as The Golden Sombrero, which turned out to be a hoax (in baseball, a golden sombrero is a player’s inglorious feat of striking out four times in a single game).
More details will be posted on Blue Birdy as they become available.