At a regular West Hollywood city council meeting on Monday, September 19, 2022, Mayor Lauren Meister got the word out to the community that Beverly Hills is hosting a free Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste Drive-Thru Collection event taking place on Saturday, September 24, 2022, 9:00 AM – 3:00 p.m. The location is close to the West Hollywood Beverly Hills Gateway at Beverly Hills City Streets, West 3rd St & Foothill Rd.
Event coordinators ask that you please do not attend this event if you have any COVID-19 related symptoms, have been asked to quarantine, or have had known contact with a COVID-19 positive individual or are awaiting COVID-19 test results. Masking strongly encouraged. Participants must stay in their vehicles at all times during the drop-off.
Guidelines for the Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste Drive-Thru Collection event are as follows:
PAINTS & SHARPS E-WASTE SOLVENTS CHEMICALS
- Carefully secure items in your trunk/pick-up bed. Hazardous waste must be in your trunk/pick-up bed with no other items.
- Waste should be in a sturdy box, preferably in their original containers. Be prepared to leave containers.
- No explosives, ammunition, radioactive materials controlled substances, trash, tires, or large appliances (like refrigerators, stoves and washing machines).
- Sharps disposal will require exiting your vehicle in a designated location to deposit them in a bin.
- Open to Los Angeles County residents. No business waste accepted. Limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip.
The event is open to Los Angeles County residents. No business waste accepted. Limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip.
The drive-thru waste collection event is brought to you by Los Angeles County and presented by L.A. County Public Works and the Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts, in cooperation with the cities of Beverly Hills, Culver City, Los Angeles, and West Hollywood.
For more information, contact Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts at (800) 238-0173 or [email protected].